1. The foods are oily and fattening.
2. There’s a zit on my left cheek because of the confinement diet.
3. There’s a stranger in the house and in my case, a not so hardworking one and a TV addict. And hubby still doesn’t know that she likes to nap on our nice white sofa.
4. I lost my freedom.
5. I am constantly hot and sweating.
6. I can’t wash my hair as often as I want…although I have sneaked in a wash or two.
7. I can’t bath with normal water…although I still bath with soap…
8. I am starting to become a sloth and a lazy bum.
9. It’s just me vs the baby vs the confinement lady.
10. I feel really lonely and bored — so people chat with me!
And seriously, researchers should start looking into causes of post natal blues. I believe the practice of confinement (many modern women still practises this not because they believe in it but they do it to prevent family conflicts), contributes at least 50% in causing the blues.