This one is simple! Minus baking time, I only used less than 15 mins to prepare. And it’s yummy!
250g self-raising flour (I used cake flour cos I ran out of the former. Result? A lighter cake)
180g caster sugar (supposed to be 220g)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp baking powder
1 lemon rind
Lemon juice of 1 lemon
Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius
1. Beat butter & sugar until light n fluffy
2. Add egg one at a time and vanilla essence and lemon rind beat till well-mixed.
3. Mix in some flour to reduce curding.
4. fold in flour and baking powder and lemon juice and mix till smooth.
5. Put mixture in baking paper lined 20cm baking Round pan and Bake in oven for 45 mins-1 hour.